BREAKING: Policemen who extorted N3m from man in Bayelsa arrested

Policemen involved in the case of extortion of N3m from Comrade Liberty Kelechi in Bayelsa State on his way to Imo State with two of his friends have been arrested.

The Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, who revealed this, said the men are attached to zone 16 command in Yenagoa.

Adejobi said the Inspector-General of Police (IGP), Kayode Egbetokun has ordered the command to produce the men at the Force Headquarters (FHQ).

He revealed this on Thursday on his X handle.

https://twitter.com/Princemoye1/status/1831470124068388957?t=q03kfHLYJN9qP6LxWHNLxA&s=19

He said the FHQ will continue to sanitise the system and ensure justice is done in all cases brought to its notice.

Adejobi warned that the IGP will never condone or support any unprofessional, corrupt, or illegal act as the Force will continue to uphold its values and ethics.

He said: “We will talk to the AIG in charge, this will be thoroughly looked into. I and many senior officers feel uncomfortable, with the way some policemen engage in unprofessional conduct, most especially forceful extortion, and most times, they even drop the name of the IGP in their illegal and inhumane act.

“IGP has condemned it and reiterated that he doesn’t need any money or gift from any officer as returns or settlement. The IGP will never condone or support any unprofessional, corrupt, or illegal act. The Force will continue to uphold its values and ethics.

How It Happened

Last week, a Ghana based Nigerian, Liberty Kelechi Isaac, urged the inspector General of Police to fish out some policemen who extorted N3m from him on a gunpoint on Monday.

Isaac who hails from Nguru Nworie autonomous community in Aboh Mbaise Local Government Area of Imo state who spoke to journalists in Owerri on Friday said that the policemen accosted him and two of his friends on Monday at Udi axis in Bayelsa state and forced him on a gunpoint to transfer N3m to them after manhandling him and threatening to shoot him.

Isaac who said that he was in the country to attend a friend’s Traditional marriage ceremony in Bayelsa state, disclosed that the policemen forced him to unlock his phone and on seeing a N10m Bank alert they started beating him and threatened to kill him if he failed to transfer N6m to them.

  • Related Posts

    Peter Obi cleared to contest NDC presidential primary

      Ahead of the 2027 general elections, the Nigeria Democratic Congress, NDC, has screened and cleared Peter Obi as its presidential aspirant. Chairman of the NDC National Screening Committee and…

    Nigerian extradited to US over ‘romance scams’ faces 40 years in prison

      Samuel Ugberaese, a Nigerian man, extradited to the United States over alleged involvement in “cross-border romance scams”, faces 40 years in prison if convicted. According to a statement released…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Peter Obi cleared to contest NDC presidential primary

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 3 views
    Peter Obi cleared to contest NDC presidential primary

    Nigerian extradited to US over ‘romance scams’ faces 40 years in prison

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 5 views
    Nigerian extradited to US over ‘romance scams’ faces 40 years in prison

    How EFCC hunted down ex-power minister Mamman

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 13 views
    How EFCC hunted down ex-power minister Mamman

    Nigeria-US forces kill 175 ISIS terrorists in N’East operations – DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 10 views
    Nigeria-US forces kill 175 ISIS terrorists in N’East operations – DHQ

    EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman

    • By admin
    • May 19, 2026
    • 10 views
    EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman

    Togo grants 30-day visa-free access to all African citizens

    • By admin
    • May 19, 2026
    • 14 views
    Togo grants 30-day visa-free access to all African citizens