KILLINGS: Notorious “Ashavin”, One Other Neutralized, As Orsu People Fight Back


Val Mbamara, Onumonu’s homes, still occupied.

Barely two weeks after the matchet attack that left no fewer than 18 person dead in Orsu LGA, Orsu people have initiated a fight-back and launched a manhunt for the killers of their kinsmen.

The hunt for the invaders of their community started yielding fruit over the weekend with the capture and killing of two suspected members of the killer-gang that attacked Orsu, one of which is a notorious hoodlum popularly known as “Ashavin” who incidentally is from Amaebu in the same Orsu LGA.

While Orsu people are committed to recovering their homeland from bandits, there still remains a lot of work to be done to ensure sustainable peace and stability.

Following the matchet attack that killed over 18 persons, many more persons have fled home and abandoned Orsu.

Businesses are shut, schools, churches and all the markets including the popular Eke Ututu market have all closed down due to the terrorist activities of these hoodlums.

An impeccable local source who craved anonymity told this platform that one of the worst hit communities in Orsu is the Edenta community in Awo-Idemiri where even teachers of primary schools were forced to flee the community as the hoodlums razed the primary school.

“Edenta is easily the richest community in Orsu LGA but has largely been taken over by hoodlums. Community leaders like Chief Val Mbamara and Iyke Onumonu, both of who are from Edenta and presently overseas, may not have safe access into their homes for some time as these hoodlums have literally taken over their properties.”

Lamenting the present state of Orsu, Chibuzo Emenike (not real name) said: “If you are travelling from Owerri to Orsu; if you pass Banana Junction and Ihioma Junction, you will feel the bustling energy and liveliness of a thriving community of people. Immediately you get to Amannachi, everything changes, even the air you breathe becomes thicker. At the same time, a feeling of apprehension and foreboding begins to weigh down on you. You begin to travel on lonely and deserted roads. All these tell the story of the decimation of a people, their culture and homeland.”

He called on the Imo state government to take the war to the bandits and terror elements that have denied Orsu people their right to peaceful existence.

“No matter what has been done so far, nothing is enough until Orsu is fully reclaimed from the brink of total annihilation. If Orsu is not sanitized, all the communities surrounding it, whether in Oru West or Oru East, will as well not have any sustainable peace.

As such, government and security forces must be proactive and decisive, if the war on terror must be won”, Emenike stressed.

CrimeFacts News Monday Exclusive Cover Page

  • Related Posts

    US Republican lawmakers seek terrorist designation for Fulani militias in new bill

      Some Republican lawmakers in the United States house of representatives have introduced a bill seeking the possible designation of Fulani ethnic militias as a Foreign Terrorist Organisation (FTO) over…

    Kogi closes markets, motor parks in seven LGs to cut off terrorists’ supplies

      The Kogi government has ordered the temporary closure of markets and motor parks in Kogi west senatorial district to support ongoing security operations targeting terrorists, bandits and other criminal…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 1 views
    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 3 views
    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review