Police probe viral video of man with severed hand in Edo

 

The Edo State Police Command has confirmed a gruesome incident following the circulation of viral videos showing two young men brutally attacked, one of whom had his hand severed.

The command said it has launched a full-scale investigation into the matter.

According to a statement shared via the command’s official X account on Saturday, titled “Edo State Commissioner of Police Orders Investigation Into Viral Videos of Alleged Brutalisation,” the police said the clips showed “two young men in distressing conditions.”

“In one of the videos, a young man is seen lying on a hospital bed at the University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH), with his hand allegedly severed from the wrist following an attack.

“Another video shows a different young man visibly brutalised, seated on the ground with a severed hand placed on his head,” the statement read in part.

In one of the viral videos shared on October 23, 2025, via TikTok by user @Osas_fx, one of the victims — who said he lives in Okha, Sapele Road Bypass, Benin City — recounted the horrifying attack.

According to him, he and his brother had gone out to buy food when they encountered a group of men wielding cutlasses.

“Na there I see many light dey come. Dem dey run come. Me I no do bad. Na there we for wait. Dem stop our bike, we see cutlass for their hand,” he narrated.

He said they tried to flee out of fear, but he was chased and struck on the head with a block, rendering him unconscious.

“More than 30 minutes, they think say I don die. Na there I tey wake, see say my hand no dey,” he said, showing his bloodied arm wrapped in bandages.

The victim explained that he hid in a nearby bush for over three hours as the assailants searched for him. When they finally left, he attempted to walk home while bleeding heavily.

“As I dey waka, I go wait small. The hand com dey bleed,” he recounted.

Upon reaching home, neighbours rushed to assist him, taking him to several hospitals.

“They reject me from more than five hospitals before we com reach this hospital,” he said.

At the hospital, the security team contacted his neighbourhood watch, who later informed him that one of the people who allegedly attacked had been arrested.

“They don see the person wey steal the bike, say na aboki. The person now dey police station,” he added.

The victim pleaded with the Commissioner of Police to ensure justice, saying doctors were still searching for the severed hand in hopes of reattachment.

“My hand… doctor dey find the other hand make dem for fix am. I beg make commissioner help me fight this matter,” he said.

The Commissioner of Police, CP Monday Agbonika, has ordered an immediate and thorough investigation into the circumstances surrounding the disturbing videos.

The command urged the victims, or anyone who can identify them, to reach out to the Police Public Relations Officer at the Edo State Police Command Headquarters.

The command further appealed for calm, warning against the spread of unverified information and condemning mob action in any form, describing it as “criminal, unjustifiable, and contrary to the principles of law and order.”

“While the investigation is ongoing, we urge members of the public to remain calm, avoid speculation, refrain from spreading unverified information that may cause panic or hinder police investigations and the command strongly condemns all forms of mob action, as such acts are criminal, unjustifiable, and contrary to the principles of law and order.

“Citizens are reminded that no individual or group has the right to take the law into their own hands.

“The Edo State Police Command reiterates its zero tolerance for jungle justice and warns that anyone found participating in such acts will face the full weight of the law,” the statement read.

Related Posts

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  One of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, Michael Oyedokun, has been killed. Oyedokun was beheaded in a new…

Gunmen Abduct Students, Principal In Oyo School

  Gunmen have attacked the Ahoro-Esinele community in Oriire Local Government Area, Oyo State, abducting the principal of a secondary school and an unspecified number of students. The attack reportedly…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 13 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda