Man stabbed to death in Cross River

 

A 36-year-old man has died after he was allegedly stabbed during an argument in Etayip Community, Ikom Local Government Area of Cross River State.

The incident, which initially surfaced through local reports indicating that a man had been stabbed to death in Etayip Community, has now been confirmed by the Cross River State Police Command.

Confirming the development to journalists in a statement in Calabar on Monday, the state Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Sunday Eitokpah, said the command received a report of the incident at the Ikom Police Division at about 10:37 p.m. on July 4, 2026.

According to the police spokesperson, the report was lodged by Ndifon Ndifon of Aya Street, Ikom, and Felix Agbor of Mankono Village, Ikom, who serve as the Task Force Chairman and Youth Leader of Asse-Asin Community, respectively.

Eitokpah disclosed that preliminary investigations revealed that at about 5:46 p.m. on the same day, Michael Ndifon, 42, allegedly stabbed Charles Ekuma Eze, 36, on the right side of his rib with a dagger during an argument.

“The victim was immediately rushed to Holy Family Hospital, Ikom, for medical treatment but was later referred to the Alex Ekwueme Federal University Teaching Hospital, Abakaliki, where he was confirmed dead by a medical doctor while receiving treatment,” the police spokesperson said.

He added that the deceased’s body had been deposited in the hospital morgue for an autopsy.

Eitokpah further confirmed that the suspect had been arrested, while the suspected murder weapon had been recovered and retained as an exhibit.

He stated that investigations were ongoing and that the case would be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for a discreet and comprehensive investigation.

“The corpse has been deposited in the hospital morgue for an autopsy. The suspect has been arrested, and the suspected murder weapon recovered as an exhibit.

“Investigation is ongoing, and the case will be transferred to the State Criminal Investigation Department for a discreet investigation,” he added.

The Police Public Relations Officer assured the public that further updates would be communicated as the investigation progresses and urged residents to remain calm and allow the law to take its course.

Related Posts

47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

  Officials have told the Associated Press that 47 people died when a boat capsized in a river in Sokoto State on Thursday. The boat was carrying people who were…

Trump Threatens Economic Punishment On ‘Any Country’ Helping Iran

  US President Donald Trump said Wednesday he was launching a major new campaign to target Iran’s economy, threatening “tremendous” punishment on any country that helps or does business with…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 2 views
47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

Terrorists planning to attack Sokoto tertiary institutions – DSS

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
Terrorists planning to attack Sokoto tertiary institutions – DSS

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

Trump Threatens Economic Punishment On ‘Any Country’ Helping Iran

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 3 views
Trump Threatens Economic Punishment On ‘Any Country’ Helping Iran

Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president

Police: 60-year-old man killed after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osogbo

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 5 views
Police: 60-year-old man killed after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osogbo