End activities of saboteurs, vandals in Niger Delta, COAS directs Troops

 

The Chief of Army Staff (COAS), Lt Gen Taoreed Lagbaja, has directed the troops to go after economic vandals and saboteurs in the Niger Delta region and ensure that they are completely eradicated.

This directive was conveyed in a statement made available to defence correspondents in Abuja by the Director of Army Public Relations, Brig-General Onyema Nwachukwu.

According to the statement, the COAS issued the directive over the weekend in Port Harcourt, Rivers State, while addressing troops during his inaugural working tour to the 6th Division Area of Responsibility.

Addressing the soldiers, General Lagbaja declared, “Go after economic saboteurs and ensure they are completely stamped out.”

The statement emphasised that General Lagbaja reiterated the Federal Government’s main focus on economic recovery, security, and infrastructural development.

He stated that the nation cannot experience meaningful economic recovery without having a firm grip on the oil industry, underscoring the critical role troops play in securing the nation’s oil industry.

 

Furthermore, the Army Chief charged the gallant troops to be loyal, disciplined, and committed to their constitutional responsibilities, emphasising that their loyalty is first to the Constitution and Government of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

He used the platform to admonish troops not to violate the codes of conduct guiding the execution of their operations to ensure the safety and security of society.

He emphasised that he wants to continually receive positive feedback about the troops of the 6th Division throughout the period of Exercise STILL WATERS III.

The statement further explained that during the visit, General Lagbaja commissioned landmark projects and critical operational platforms needed to enhance amphibious operations in the Niger Delta region.

He stated that the set of 10 gunboats procured was the first wave, with ongoing efforts to acquire more platforms to improve the operational capability of the Nigerian Army in the riverine domain.

The COAS later visited the 6 Division Step Up Headquarters at Ahoada, where he stressed the importance of inter-agency collaboration, saying, “We brought you here together with the personnel of other security agencies so that you can work together in a multi-agency environment, essentially to consolidate existing interagency cooperation. You must work together; you must work as comrades.”

Earlier at Ahoada, the General Officer Commanding 6 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Jamal Abdussalam, commended the COAS for the strategic, moral, and financial support to the Division.

He clarified that Exercise STILL WATERS III will provide an opportunity for commanders and operatives to carry out effective operational planning, and logistics preparation, conduct Military Operations Other than War (MOOW), and tactical amphibious operations.

It will also focus on the conduct of civil-military activities aimed at winning the hearts and minds of the local populace.

Highlights of the visit included the flag-off of Exercise STILL WATERS III in Rivers State, a courtesy call on the Governor of Rivers State, Governor Sir Siminalayi Fubara, and the commissioning of several projects, including 10 gunboats, a remodelled 6 Division Headquarters Complex reception, twin Regimental Sergeant Majors quarters, an Ordnance tailoring factory, a remodelled Corpers’ Lodge, and a new office complex to accommodate the Headquarters 26 Support Engineer Regiment, amongst others

  • Related Posts

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

      Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

      The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 10 views
    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 10 views
    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda