Two abducted prospective corps members regain freedom in Zamfara

 

The National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) on Thursday, said it has again secured the release of two females among the abducted Prospective Corps Members who were kidnapped in Zamfara on their way to the Orientation Camp in Sokoto.

Recalls that the Nigerian Army recently secured the release of a male and a female abductee, while efforts are seriously on-going to ensure the safe release of the remaining four Prospective Corps Members.

The scheme made the disclosure in a statement issued by its Spokesperson, Mr. Eddy Megwa in Abuja.

The NYSC ‘s Director General, Brigadier General Yushau Ahmed reassured members of the public, especially parents of the remaining four abductees, that the Scheme in conjunction with the security agencies would explore every available strategy to ensure they are released unhurt and reunite with their families.

“Management also wishes to appreciate the overwhelming support being received from the Nigerian Army in its concerted efforts towards securing the release of the abducted Prospective Corps Members.

“The Scheme will always remain resolute in its statutory responsibility of fostering national unity and integration,” the statement reads.

A total of eight prospective corps members were in August kidnapped in Zamfara state.

So far, four of them have been released, leaving four still in captivity, it was gathered.

  • Related Posts

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

      Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

      The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 13 views
    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda