BREAKING: Ondo commissioner confirms Akeredolu’s signature was forged

Ondo state commissioner for Energy and Mineral Resources, Rasaq Obe, has told the deputy governor, Lucky Aiyedatiwa, that he has confirmed forgery of the signature of Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu.

Governor Akeredolu has been recuperating in Ibadan, Oyo state since his return from medical vacation.

Supporters of Aiyedatiwa had earlier raised the alarm that Governor Akeredolu’s signature was being forged to siphon money from the state coffers.

Obe, in a letter to Aiyedatiwa and dated December 7, 2023, said the situation required immediate action.

In the letter, Obe said: “It has been confirmed that the signature of Mr. Governor on a certain document has been forged.

“The irregularities in the signature were first observed when a file from my ministry was returned through the office of the Secretary to the State Government (SSG). This is the only file that has been returned so far out of the five files that were sent for Mr. Governor’s approval about two months ago.

“Upon closer inspection, I noticed significant differences between the suspicious signature and handwriting and Mr. Governor’s known signatures and handwriting in the file. Concerned about the gravity of the situation, I decided to seek a forensic review before disclosing my discovery. I sent the suspicious signature, handwriting samples, and copies of the old regular signatures to forensic experts, who have now confirmed that the suspicious signature and handwriting were indeed forged.

Despite the inherent risks involved, I have chosen to fulfill the obligations of my office by reporting this alarming development to you as the highest-ranking member of the State Executive Council after Mr. Governor. I firmly believe that this is the course of action our esteemed leader, Arakunrin Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, SAN, CON, would take in such a situation.

“Considering the possibility that such forgery may be widespread, this heads-up is of utmost importance to the government and people of Ondo State. I have attached a copy of the forensic report and relevant pages from the file for your reference.

“I urge you to treat this matter with the urgency it deserves and take appropriate actions to address the situation. It is crucial that we restore the integrity of our processes and ensure that such a disturbing development is swiftly punctuated.”

Obe confirmed to reporters that he wrote the letter but declined to give further details.

  • Related Posts

    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

      Suspected bandits have attacked Kakafu community, a remote settlement in the Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara State, kidnapping four persons. The attackers kidnapped four residents, including one man,…

    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

      Omoyele Sowore, a human rights activist and former presidential candidate, says he was detained five times in 2025, but he did not allow the experience to discourage him. He…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 1 views
    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 3 views
    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review