Military finally admits coup plot against Tinubu

 

The military high command has admitted that some of its officers plotted to unseat President Bola Tinubu.

In October last year, there were reports that officers, ranging from the rank of Captain to Brigadier-General, were arrested and detained by the Defence Intelligence Agency, DIA, for attempting to overthrow President Tinubu’s government.

In a statement issued after the report, the Director, Defence Information, Samaila Uba, a Major-General, confirmed that the probe panel had indeed been submitted its report to the “appropriate superior authority”.

Uba said those with cases to answer would be formally arraigned before appropriate military judicial panel to face trial in accordance with the Armed Forces Act and other applicable service regulations.

He said, “The Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN) wishes to inform the general public that investigations into the matter have been concluded and the report forwarded to appropriate superior authority in line with extant regulations.

“The comprehensive investigation process, conducted in accordance with established military procedures, has carefully examined all circumstances surrounding the conduct of the affected personnel.

“The findings have identified a number of the officers with allegations of plotting to overthrow the government which is inconsistent with the ethics, values and professional standards required of members of the AFN.

“Accordingly, those with cases to answer will be formally arraigned before appropriate military judicial panel to face trial in accordance with the Armed Forces Act and other applicable service regulations.

The senior military officer explained that the military made this development public was to ensures accountability while upholding the principles of fairness and due process.

According to him, the Armed Forces remain resolute in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, loyalty and respect for constitutional authority.

Uba added, “The AFN reiterates that measures being taken are purely disciplinary and part of ongoing institutional mechanisms to preserve order, discipline and operational effectiveness within the ranks.”

Related Posts

Nnamdi Kanu caused several deaths in Southeast, while Igboho was peaceful agitator — Presidency

  The Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Public Communication and Orientation, Sunday Dare, on Tuesday dismissed claims that there is no difference between the leader of the Indigenous…

Opposition reps stage walk out over approval of manual collation of results as backup

  Opposition lawmakers in the house of representatives have staged a walkout from plenary over the Electoral Act amendment bill. The lawmakers exited the chamber after their attempt to make…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nnamdi Kanu caused several deaths in Southeast, while Igboho was peaceful agitator — Presidency

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 4 views
Nnamdi Kanu caused several deaths in Southeast, while Igboho was peaceful agitator — Presidency

Opposition reps stage walk out over approval of manual collation of results as backup

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 3 views
Opposition reps stage walk out over approval of manual collation of results as backup

Senate Passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 4 views
Senate Passes Electoral Act Amendment Bill

Gunmen abduct six travellers in Benue, demand N100m ransom

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 4 views
Gunmen abduct six travellers in Benue, demand N100m ransom

Reps adopt Senate’s version of electronic transmission

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 6 views
Reps adopt Senate’s version of electronic transmission

DHQ Confirms Arrival Of 100 US Military Trainers, Equipment In Nigeria

  • By admin
  • February 17, 2026
  • 3 views
DHQ Confirms Arrival Of 100 US Military Trainers, Equipment In Nigeria