Sit-At-Home: We Lose Over N10bn Every Monday – Gov Mbah

 

The Governor of Enugu State, Peter Mbah, says the sit-at-home enforced by a faction of the Indigenous People of Biafra in the South-East is causing the state to lose over N10 billion every Monday.

The governor made this disclosure on Thursday in Enugu at a meeting with the Presidents-General (PGs) of all the autonomous communities in the state.

He said the financial loss is recorded due to economic activities that are prevented from happening every Monday due to the illegal sit-at-home order.

“It’s important for us to understand the connection between poverty and this so-called sit-at-home. Each Monday that we sit at home, we lose over N10bn naira from the economic activity that ought to have happened here in our state,” Mbah said.

“People who ordinarily would have stayed in a hotel till Monday before they travel will decide against staying beyond Sunday. So, what happens? The revenue the hoteliers would have generated is gone.

“People who would have come into Enugu to participate in one economic activity or the other won’t show up because you say you are sitting at home on Monday.”

According to him, the perception of insecurity the sit-at-home creates will derail his administration’s plan to move the economy of the state from a public sector-driven economy to a private sector-driven economy.

Governor Mbah has urged the PGs to speak to their people and make them understand that there is no such thing as a sit-at-home on Mondays or any other day.

He told them never to allow unelected persons to issue orders to them, adding that taking orders from such people would mean that someone was making them inferior without their consent.

Mbah assured the people that the security agencies had been put on alert to ensure that measures are in place to ensure the protection of lives and property in the state.

  • Related Posts

    DSS takes el-Rufai into custody from EFCC — Report

      Operatives of the Department of State Services (DSS) have taken Nasir el-Rufai into custody after the former governor of Kaduna spent two nights with the the Economic and Financial…

    Owo Church Attack: DSS Witness Narrates How Forensic Analysis Implicated Suspected Attackers

      An officer of the Department of State Services has told Justice Emeka Nwite of the Federal High Court, Abuja, how cell phone analysis of the four men being prosecuted…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    FACT-CHECK: Video of Adamu Garba removing APC flag from office as sign to leave party, from 2022

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    FACT-CHECK: Video of Adamu Garba removing APC flag from office as sign to leave party, from 2022

    DSS takes el-Rufai into custody from EFCC — Report

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    DSS takes el-Rufai into custody from EFCC — Report

    Owo Church Attack: DSS Witness Narrates How Forensic Analysis Implicated Suspected Attackers

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    Owo Church Attack: DSS Witness Narrates How Forensic Analysis Implicated Suspected Attackers

    ‘I went for engineering job’ — Nigerian captured in Ukraine war

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 2 views
    ‘I went for engineering job’ — Nigerian captured in Ukraine war

    Tinubu Signs Electoral Bill Into Law

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 3 views
    Tinubu Signs Electoral Bill Into Law

    37 miners dead, 25 hospitalised after suspected gas poisoning in Plateau

    • By admin
    • February 18, 2026
    • 2 views
    37 miners dead, 25 hospitalised after suspected gas poisoning in Plateau