30 burnt to death in Ondo auto crash

 

At least 30 passengers were tragically burnt to death in an auto crash at Onipetesi area along Ore/ Lagos highway of Odigbo local government area of Ondo state

The incident, according to an eyewitness said 32 people were involved in the accident, with 28 burnt beyond recognition while two survivors rescued with serious injuries died before getting to hospital and two people are still receiving treatment.

He explained that accident involved two commercial bus collided and burst into flames immediately, burning all the occupants beyond recognition, attributing the accident to excessive speeding on the parts of the drivers

Confirming the incident, the Ondo State Sector Commander of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Dr. Samuel Ibitoye, said 30 persons died in the accident

According to Ibitoye, a total of 28 persons were burnt beyond recognition while two others died while being taken to the hospital for treatment and two survivors are said to be receiving treatment in an hospital.

He disclosed that that the accident occurred when the two commercial buses had a head on collision and burst into flames.

The FRSC boss who said preliminary investigation showed one of the vehicles drove against traffic, saying the accident happened on Saturday.

He assured that investigation would unravel more details on the incident and said the injured victims had been taken to the hospital, while the remains of the deceased were deposited at the hospital’s morgue.

Ibitoye urged drivers to exercise caution, ensure proper vehicle maintenance, and avoid reckless driving.

He also encouraged passengers to speak out against unsafe driving practices, emphasising that road safety is a shared responsibility.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 12 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda