Again, US to deport 18 Nigerians on criminal list

 

The United States Department of Homeland Security has announced plans to deport an additional 18 Nigerians listed on its “worst-of-the-worst” criminal register, bringing the total number of Nigerians scheduled for removal to 97.

The development comes barely one week after PUNCH Metro exclusively reported that 79 Nigerians convicted of various offences had been marked for deportation.

A follow-up check of the DHS website on Monday showed that 18 more names had been added to the list, indicating an expansion of the enforcement exercise.

According to the updated records, wire fraud, mail fraud and identity theft were among the most common offences committed by the newly listed individuals.

An accompanying statement on the website said the arrests were part of an ongoing nationwide crackdown on criminal immigrants by U.S. authorities.

It read, “The U.S. Department of Homeland Security is highlighting the worst of the worst criminal aliens arrested by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

“Under Secretary Noem’s leadership, the hardworking men and women of DHS and ICE are fulfilling President Trump’s promise and carrying out mass deportations, starting with the worst of the worst, including the illegal aliens you see here.”

The convicted Nigerians named on the latest list include Oluwaseyanu Akinola Afolabi, Olugbeminiyi Aderibigbe, Benjamin Ifebajo, Obinwanne Okeke, Kolawole Aminu, Oluwadamilola Olufunsho Ojo and Franklin Ibeabuchi.

Others are Alex Afolabi Ogunshakin, Joshua Ineh, Stephen Oseghale, Eghosa Obaretin, Adesina Surajudeen Lasisi, Ibrahim Ijaoba, Azeez Yinusa, Charles Akabuogu, Kelechi Umeh, Lotenna Chisom Umeadi, Donald Ehie and Chukwudi Kingsley Kalu.

The updated figures underscore the Trump administration’s continued tough stance on illegal and criminal immigrants across the United States, with several foreign nationals affected, including Nigerians.

Earlier, PUNCH Metro reported on February 2 that 79 Nigerians had been listed for deportation.

Those previously named include Boluwaji Akingunsoye, Ejike Asiegbunam, Emmanuel Mayegun Adeola, Bamidele Bolatiwa, Ifeanyi Nwaozomudoh, Aderemi Akefe, Solomon Wilfred, Chibundu Anuebunwa, Joshua Ineh, Usman Momoh, Oluwole Odunowo, Bolarinwa Salau and Oriyomi Aloba.

Others are Oludayo Adeagbo, Olaniyi Akintuyi, Talatu Dada, Olatunde Oladinni, Jelili Qudus, Abayomi Daramola, Toluwani Adebakin, Olamide Jolayemi, Isaiah Okere, Benji Macaulay and Joseph Ogbara

Related Posts

ICPC uncovers fake agency in OSGF

  President Bola Tinubu has ordered the immediate arrest of George Nwabueze over the alleged operation of a fake government agency within the premises of the office of the secretary…

FBI says disclosing Tinubu’s records could endanger lives, reveal our techniques

  The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has filed a motion seeking to submit ex parte in camera declarations on why it withheld information about its investigative records relating to…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

ICPC uncovers fake agency in OSGF

  • By admin
  • August 21, 2026
  • 3 views
ICPC uncovers fake agency in OSGF

FACT-CHECK: Video of Lagos residents scooping diesel in October 2023, trends again

  • By admin
  • August 21, 2026
  • 11 views
FACT-CHECK: Video of Lagos residents scooping diesel in October 2023, trends again

Poor Adoption, Usage Of Nigeria’s FOI Act In South-East Mar Expectations

  • By admin
  • August 21, 2026
  • 3 views
Poor Adoption, Usage Of Nigeria’s FOI Act In South-East Mar Expectations

FBI says disclosing Tinubu’s records could endanger lives, reveal our techniques

  • By admin
  • August 21, 2026
  • 8 views
FBI says disclosing Tinubu’s records could endanger lives, reveal our techniques

RULAAC commends FCT Police Commissioner for strengthening due process in policing

  • By admin
  • August 21, 2026
  • 11 views
RULAAC commends FCT Police Commissioner for strengthening due process in policing

47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto