BREAKING: Five solders killed in fresh attack in Nigeria’s Northeast

 

Not fewer than five soldiers were on Tuesday killed and six others severely injured when Islamic State of West African Province (ISWAP) terrorists continued their onslaught against troops and attacked another military formation in Kala-Balge local government areas of Borno State, Leadership is reporting.

It was gathered that the attackers used drone to launch the attack on the 3 Battalion, the military formation in Rann, headquarters of the Kala-Balge local government area at midnight.

The attack is occurring in less than 24 hours after the ISWAP terrorists attacked a military base in New Marte, Marte local government area of the State and killed soldiers, destroying military vehicles, carting away ammunition, while residents fled for safety.

Reliable sources said that the latest Rann attack was coordinated via unmanned aerial vehicles.

The source said, “We are seriously in the state of confusion, this fresh attack occurred at 12:00am on Tuesday. Five soldiers lost thier lives while six others sustained critical wounds.”

Babagana Modu, a resident, applauded the military for their gallantry, noting that the terrorists attacked the military outpost with heavy-duty weapon of mass destruction, causing the troops to tactically withdraw.

Meanwhile, the ISWAP fighters also stormed Gajiram, headquarters of Nganzai local government area, but fortunately, the gallant troops thwarted the attempt by the terrorists to overrun the base on Monday night.

The Nigerian military was yet to react to these spate of attacks that have occurred within 24 hours in Borno State.

Related Posts

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the death of 17 police officers following a terrorist attack on the Nigerian Army Special Forces School in Buni Yadi, Gujba Local Government…

Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

  The Presidency has dismissed claims that Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki, the senior Islamic State West Africa Province commander eliminated in a joint Nigeria-United States military operation, had been killed in a…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 14 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe