Confusion as sacked NIPOST boss claims he’s been reinstated by Tinubu

 

The Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) has announced that Adeyemi Adepoju has been reinstated as the postmaster general of the agency.

On Wednesday, President Bola Tinubu relieved Adepoju from his role and appointed Tola Odeyemi as the new chief executive officer (CEO) of NIPOST.

The announcement made by Ajuri Ngelale, presidential spokesperson, was part of the leadership shuffle implemented for agencies and parastatals under the ministry of communications, innovations and digital economy.

However, in a new statement published on NIPOST’s official X account on Saturday, the agency said the president had reinstated Adepoju.

The statement said Adepoju was reinstated “due to his exceptional leadership and performance”.

“President Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) has reinstated Rt. Honorable Adeyemi Sunday Adepoju as the Postmaster General of the Federation & CEO of the Nigerian Postal Service (NIPOST) due to his exceptional leadership and performance,” the statement reads.

“Sunday Adepoju conveyed his appreciation to the President and other key supporters.

He pledged to redouble his efforts to elevate NIPOST into a world-class digital postal service & align his vision with that of the Federal Ministry of Communication, Innovation & Digital Economy in contributing significantly to Nigeria’s socio-economic development.

“This reinstatement is a testament to Adepoju’s leadership skills and unwavering commitment to service. Nigerians can anticipate enhanced value & quality services from NIPOST, an agency dedicated to providing efficient, reliable, and effective postal services across the nation through a network of over 3000 post offices, offering a wide range of services including mailing, logistics, courier, and financial services.”

A video of Adepoju in a jubilatory mood over the purported reinstatement has since surfaced on social media.

In the video, he is seen arriving in a sport utility vehicle (SUV) into what looks like a NIPOST premises where he was acknowledging cheers from a jubilating crowd.

However, the presidency has yet to release an official statement confirming the reinstatement of Adepoju as the postmaster general of NIPOST.

Ngalale was not immediately available when contacted by TheCable for clarification on the development as calls to his mobile phone did not go through while messages sent failed to deliver.

  • Related Posts

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

      Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

      The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 13 views
    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda