DSS dismisses 115 personnel, warns against impostors

 

The Department of State Services has announced the dismissal of 115 personnel, cautioning members of the public against engaging with anyone parading themselves as serving officers of the agency.

The DSS disclosed this in a post on X on Tuesday, saying the action was part of ongoing internal reforms within the service.

“As part of the ongoing reforms in the Department of State Services (DSS), the public is hereby informed that a total of 115 personnel have been dismissed over a period,” the statement partly read.

The agency also referenced earlier public notices disowning individuals identified as Barry Donald and Victor Onyedikachi Godwin, adding that some of the dismissed personnel were still posing as DSS operatives to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians.

“Members of the public are advised to desist from any official dealing with these individuals who have been dismissed by the Service,” the DSS said.

It stated that the identities of all affected former personnel had been published on its official website.

“For the sake of clarity, the identities of the dismissed personnel have been published on the website of the Service,” the agency added, directing citizens to dss.gov.ng for verification.

 

The secret police also provided contact channels for enquiries and complaints.

PUNCH Online had reported that DSS stated that it will arraign two of its dismissed staff members, Barry Donald and Victor Godwin, who were arrested for allegedly engaging in fraudulent practices.

Earlier, the agency had issued two public warnings about the dismissed officers allegedly impersonating the agency to defraud unsuspecting Nigerians.

Related Posts

Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways after FCT flooding

  Federal Capital Territory Minister, Nyesom Wike, has ordered the demolition of houses built on designated water channels in Abuja, warning that structures obstructing waterways will be removed. Wike gave…

NDLEA seizes 184kg of cocaine from Lagos courier firm, arrests socialite KC Luxury

  The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) says its operatives have seized 184.5 kilogrammes of cocaine from a courier company. The agency described the operation as its largest seizure…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways after FCT flooding

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Wike orders demolition of houses built on waterways after FCT flooding

Over 20 People Feared Killed In Attack On Plateau Community

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Over 20 People Feared Killed In Attack On Plateau Community

Cement cheaper in Kenya, Togo than Nigeria — FCCPC probe

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Cement cheaper in Kenya, Togo than Nigeria — FCCPC probe

Wike: I’d have helped Tinubu win Osun if he wanted — Adeleke could do nothing

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Wike: I’d have helped Tinubu win Osun if he wanted — Adeleke could do nothing

US lifts 12-year restriction on vessels calling at Nigerian ports

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 5 views
US lifts 12-year restriction on vessels calling at Nigerian ports

NDLEA seizes 184kg of cocaine from Lagos courier firm, arrests socialite KC Luxury

  • By admin
  • August 18, 2026
  • 7 views
NDLEA seizes 184kg of cocaine from Lagos courier firm, arrests socialite KC Luxury