EXTRA: ‘I will kill any terrorist who enters P’Harcourt,’ says Asari-Dokubo

 

Former militant leader and Niger Delta activist, Mujahid Asari-Dokubo, has warned Boko Haram fighters not to enter Port Harcourt, saying he will not hesitate to confront and kill any terrorist who attempts to operate in the city.

In a viral video reacting to the rising cases of killings and kidnappings across Nigeria on Tuesday, Asari-Dokubo said his faith as a Muslim will not stop him from fighting back if attacked.

He said, “If Boko Haram comes to Port Harcourt, you know sey my business na to kill them. I dey Zamfara dey kill them, I dey Plateau dey kill them, I dey Niger dey kill them. If they come to Port Harcourt, my business is to kill them.

“This thing I’m telling you is raw. I’m not like those people who do sisi sisi, this and that, apologetic. I am a Muslim. If you come to fight me, I will kill you. That one is no compromise.”

His comments sparked fresh debate over his growing influence in security matters and his long history of armed activity in the Niger Delta.

Asari-Dokubo is an Ijaw activist, businessman, and former militant commander from the Niger Delta.

He was born into a Christian family but converted to Islam in the 1990s. He later became involved in student activism and Ijaw youth struggles after dropping out of law programmes at two Nigerian universities.

His rise began with the Ijaw Youth Council, where he became president in 2001, pushing for resource control and environmental justice. By 2003, he founded the Niger Delta People’s Volunteer Force, a militant group that carried out attacks on oil infrastructure during the height of the region’s unrest.

He was detained on treason charges in 2005 but released in 2007, later receiving a presidential pardon in 2011.

After laying down arms, Asari moved into business and private security work. Reports have linked him to multimillion-naira pipeline security contracts in the 2010s. He later moved some of his investments to the Benin Republic, where he also launched an educational venture.

He now runs Royal Foushe Security Services, a licensed private security outfit that has been involved in several rescue operations, including the release of 19 hostages in the Niger Delta in May 2025.

Earlier this year, Asari was installed as a traditional ruler in Rivers State with the title Amanyanabo of Torusarama Piri.

He has also been active in politics, shifting alliances between southern and northern blocs, and has made a series of bold statements, including threats to resist foreign intervention in Nigeria.

Related Posts

Gunmen Abduct Students, Principal In Oyo School

  Gunmen have attacked the Ahoro-Esinele community in Oriire Local Government Area, Oyo State, abducting the principal of a secondary school and an unspecified number of students. The attack reportedly…

Three killed as bandits attack Kano community

  Gunmen, on Monday night, attacked the Yankamaye community in Tsanyawa Local Government Area of Kano State, killing three residents of the village and injuring many others. The attackers were…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 12 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 14 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe