FG ready to welcome deported Nigerians from US — NiDCOM

 

The Nigerians in Diaspora Commission has said that the Federal Government is ready to welcome deported Nigerians from the United States.

The Director of Media and Corporate Affairs of the commission, Abdur-Rahman Balogun, in an interview with Vanguard on Tuesday evening, said that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs was in charge of such development.

Balogun further said FG had already set up an inter-agency committee to handle the matter should Nigerians be deported from the US.

“The Federal Government has set up an inter-agency committee, comprising the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, NiDCOM, Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs and office of the National Security Adviser, NSA, should there be mass deportation of Nigerians from the US.”

However, the NiDCOM spokesperson stressed that its commission was not aware of Nigerians in America being processed for deportation.

Recall that about 3,690 Nigerians in the United States are faced with deportation as Donald Trump crackdown on illegal immigrants in the country.

In the document compiled by US Immigration and Customs Enforcement, Enforcement and Removal Operations and sighted by our correspondent on Tuesday, the agency revealed the data is broken down by nationality and number of people faced with deportation.

It also clarified that as of November 24, 2024, there are 1,445,549 non-citizens on ICE’s non-detained docket with final removal orders.

In the document titled “Noncitizens on the ICE Non-Detained Docket with Final Orders of Removal by Country of Citizenship,” Mexico and El Salvador top the list of nations facing the most deportation, with 252,044 and 203,822, respectively.

The ICE is charged with the responsibility of protecting America from cross-border crime and illegal immigration that threaten national security.

Meanwhile, on Thursday last week, hundreds of migrants were arrested, and others flew out of the country on military aircraft as Donald Trump’s promised mass deportation operation got underway.

The PUNCH reports Nigerians and other African illegal immigrants in the United States may be the next target for deportation by the American government

Related Posts

ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

  The Community Court of Justice, ECOWAS has ordered the Federal Republic of Nigeria to urgently decongest its correctional facilities and end the prolonged detention of awaiting-trial inmates. The Court…

Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

  US President Donald Trump said he was postponing a planned attack on Iran scheduled for Tuesday at the request of Gulf leaders amid “serious negotiations” with Tehran. Trump’s sudden…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 6 views
ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 9 views
Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 15 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians