Gunmen kidnap seven passengers in Kwara

 

Gunmen on Saturday ambushed a Toyota Sienna passenger vehicle on Obbo-Aiyegunle/Osi Road in the Ekiti Local Government Area of Kwara State and abducted seven passengers travelling from Abuja to Offa in Kwara State.

PUNCH Online gathered that the suspected kidnappers, however, spared three children who were travelling with their abducted parents.

It was gathered that it was the eldest of the children who were spared that reported the incident to the management of the transport company, Olumoh Express, Offa, that the victims boarded.

The abduction occurred between 5pm and 6pm.

All attempts made so far by the local vigilante to rescue the victims were unsuccessful.

The state police command in a statement issued on Sunday and signed by its spokesperson, Toun Ejire-Adeyemi, confirmed the abduction of the seven passengers.

The secretary of the transport company, Mr Mukaila Ogunlade, who also confirmed the incident, said, “The incident truly happened. In fact, we are just coming from Osi Police Station. The bus left the park with five passengers, but the oldest of the children that were left behind told us that two more people later joined them on the way. Presently, we are looking for seven people.”

Spokesperson for the state police command, SP Adetoun Ejire-Adeyemi, confirmed the development.

“Armed hoodlums numbering about eight reportedly intercepted a Sienna bus registered FFA 50xd, heading to Offa from Abuja and forcefully abducted seven occupants, including the driver.

“Upon receipt of the information, police operatives in collaboration with local vigilantes responded swiftly to the scene.

“The vehicle was recovered to the nearest police formation. During a coordinated search of the surrounding bush, three children aged between two and 12 years were located and safely rescued.

“One of the children was able to give the police detailed information of her guardian, who was contacted, and the three rescued children have been reunited with their relatives,” the statement added.

The command said it has intensified efforts through discreet investigation, intelligence gathering and sustained bush combing to track down the perpetrators and secure the safe rescue of the remaining victims.

Commissioner of Police, Adekimi Ojo, reiterated the commitment of the command to the safety and protection of all residents, urging those with useful information to report through the established channels of the state police command.

Related Posts

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  One of the kidnapped teachers of Community High School, Ahoro-Esinele in Oriire Local Government Area of Oyo State, Michael Oyedokun, has been killed. Oyedokun was beheaded in a new…

Gunmen Abduct Students, Principal In Oyo School

  Gunmen have attacked the Ahoro-Esinele community in Oriire Local Government Area, Oyo State, abducting the principal of a secondary school and an unspecified number of students. The attack reportedly…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 12 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda