Gunmen Kidnap Three Federal University Of Lafia Students

 

Gunmen have abducted three students of the Federal University of Lafia in Nasarawa State, while police operatives have rescued one of the victims during an ongoing search-and-rescue operation.

The Nasarawa State Police Command confirmed the incident in a statement issued on Wednesday by its Public Relations Officer, SP Ramhan Nansel.

According to the command, the students were kidnapped on Tuesday night at Living Seed Lodge, situated in a bushy area on the outskirts of the students’ residential community in Lafia.

The police said the university’s Chief Security Officer alerted the command at about 9:20 p.m., reporting that armed men had invaded the area and taken away three students.

Following the report, the Commissioner of Police, CP Shetima Jauro Mohammed, ordered the immediate deployment of tactical units, patrol teams, and other security operatives to the scene.

Security personnel subsequently launched a coordinated operation across the surrounding forest, leading to the successful rescue of one of the abducted students.

The command said efforts had been stepped up to secure the release of the two remaining victims and apprehend those responsible for the abduction.

The police commissioner directed all operational and intelligence units to maintain pressure on the kidnappers until the remaining students are rescued safely.

He also reassured residents of the command’s commitment to ensuring the perpetrators are brought to justice.

The command appealed to members of the public to remain calm, stay vigilant, and support the operation by providing credible information to security agencies.

Residents were further urged to promptly report any suspicious persons or activities to the nearest police station.

Related Posts

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

  The United Kingdom has advised its citizens against all travel to parts of 11 Nigerian states, while warning against all but essential travel to parts of 19 states and…

Police: 60-year-old man killed after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osogbo

  The Osun state police command says 60-year-old Tajudeen Yusuf was shot dead in Osogbo on Wednesday shortly after some hoodlums allegedly attempted to gain access to David Adeleke, popularly…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 2 views
47 dead as boat capsizes in Sokoto

Terrorists planning to attack Sokoto tertiary institutions – DSS

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
Terrorists planning to attack Sokoto tertiary institutions – DSS

UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
UK warns citizens against travel to 11 Nigerian states

Trump Threatens Economic Punishment On ‘Any Country’ Helping Iran

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 3 views
Trump Threatens Economic Punishment On ‘Any Country’ Helping Iran

Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 4 views
Atiku: I will restore petrol subsidy if elected president

Police: 60-year-old man killed after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osogbo

  • By admin
  • August 20, 2026
  • 5 views
Police: 60-year-old man killed after hoodlums clashed with Davido’s security team in Osogbo