Hundreds of Boko Haram suspects arrested in Lagos — CJTF

 

Hundreds of suspected Boko Haram members have been arrested in Lagos State, the Commander of the Civilian Joint Task Force in Lagos, Mr Kumar Sanda, has disclosed.

Kumar made the revelation on Wednesday while speaking at an award ceremony in Lagos, where he highlighted the CJTF’s ongoing efforts to prevent the infiltration of Boko Haram insurgents and bandits fleeing the North into Lagos.

At the event held at the Airport Hotel, Lagos, Kumar received the Best Security Group in Lagos award from the Nigerian Human Rights Community.

According to the CJTF Commander, arrests are regularly made at trailer parks, quarries, markets, and other locations where people from the North are known to gather upon arriving in Lagos.

He affirmed the CJTF’s commitment to upholding the mandate of the Lagos State government to ensure the state does not become a haven for insurgents escaping military operations in the North.

“If I should mention the number of Boko Haram members we have arrested in Lagos State, people will not believe it. But we have arrested thousands,” Kumar said.

“The CJTF monitors trailer parks, and quarries, and checks truck pushers because we understand the channels through which they enter Lagos. Our people must remain vigilant. Not all Abokis are bad, but not all are good either. We are committed to keeping Lagos free from Boko Haram and banditry.”

He added, “Boko Haram has no domain in Lagos State. The Chief of Staff to the Lagos State Governor is constantly in touch with us to ensure the people sleep with their eyes closed.”

Sanda also cautioned against assuming that all terrorists operating in the North are Nigerians. While not absolving Nigerians entirely, he claimed that many insurgents and bandits are non-Nigerians who infiltrate the country’s borders and pose as citizens.

“Whenever you see a man from Borno State, you might feel scared because of Boko Haram,” he said. “But many of those you see are not truly Nigerians. That’s not to say there are no Nigerians among them.

“It’s a fact that Boko Haram originated in Borno State, and we monitor individuals from Borno across Lagos. We know when new arrivals come in because we track the truck routes. A person from Borno can identify others from his state; the same goes for indigenes of Kano and other states.”

Related Posts

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the death of 17 police officers following a terrorist attack on the Nigerian Army Special Forces School in Buni Yadi, Gujba Local Government…

Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

  The Presidency has dismissed claims that Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki, the senior Islamic State West Africa Province commander eliminated in a joint Nigeria-United States military operation, had been killed in a…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 12 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 14 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe