Iran behind cyber attack on Trump campaign — US security agencies

US security agencies have confirmed that Iran was responsible for a recent cyberattack targeting Donald Trump’s presidential campaign.

In a joint statement released on Monday, the Office of the Director of National Intelligence, ODNI, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, CISA, revealed that Tehran was behind the hack.

The agencies warned that Iran has been engaging in increasingly aggressive activities during the 2024 election cycle, including influence operations aimed at the American public and cyber operations targeting presidential campaigns.

This confirmation comes after the Trump campaign previously reported being targeted by a potential Iranian hack earlier this month.

“This includes the recently reported activities to compromise former president Trump’s campaign, which the (intelligence community) attributes to Iran,” they said.

In response, Iran’s mission to the United Nations denied the country’s role in the hack and challenged Washington to release evidence for the claim.

“Such allegations are unsubstantiated and devoid of any standing,” the mission said in a statement.

“As we have previously announced, the Islamic Republic of Iran harbors neither the intention nor the motive to interfere with the US presidential election.

“Should the US government genuinely believe in the validity of its claims, it should furnish us with the pertinent evidence — if any — to which we will respond accordingly.”

The United States goes to the polls on November 5, with both Trump’s and Democratic rival Kamala Harris’s campaigns saying they had been targeted by cyber attacks in recent weeks.

US-based tech companies have also said they detected such attacks.

The US intelligence community said Monday it was “confident” that Iran had used social engineering and other methods to target individuals in both campaigns, and that the attempts were “intended to influence the US election process.”

Trump’s campaign said on August 10 that it had been hacked, blaming “foreign sources” for distributing internal communications and a dossier on running mate J.D. Vance.

“These documents were obtained illegally from foreign sources hostile to the United States, intended to interfere with the 2024 election and sow chaos throughout our democratic process,” Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in a statement.

  • Related Posts

    Spinbara registratie stappen – zo meld je je aan en verifieer je account

    Hoe begin je met Spinbara? Registratie en verificatie Bonussen en promoties bij Spinbara Betaalmethoden en opnames Spelassortiment: casino, live casino en sportweddenschappen Mobiele ervaring en app Veiligheid, licenties en verantwoord…

    Alawin Casino – πλήρης οδηγός: εγγραφή, μπόνους, πληρωμές & mobile εμπειρία

    Τι είναι το Alawin Casino; Πώς να κάνετε εγγραφή στο Alawin – βήμα προς βήμα Καλωσόρισμα και μπόνους: τι προσφέρει το Alawin Διαθέσιμες μέθοδοι κατάθεσης και ανάληψης Το παιχνίδι: live…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nigeria police arrest husband, wife for child stealing

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 6 views
    Nigeria police arrest husband, wife for child stealing

    CBN Holds Monetary Policy Rate Steady At 26.5%

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 6 views
    CBN Holds Monetary Policy Rate Steady At 26.5%

    NDLEA busts ‘N480bn meth laboratory’ in Ogun forest, arrests three Mexicans

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 9 views
    NDLEA busts ‘N480bn meth laboratory’ in Ogun forest, arrests three Mexicans

    Peter Obi cleared to contest NDC presidential primary

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 6 views
    Peter Obi cleared to contest NDC presidential primary

    Nigerian extradited to US over ‘romance scams’ faces 40 years in prison

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 10 views
    Nigerian extradited to US over ‘romance scams’ faces 40 years in prison

    How EFCC hunted down ex-power minister Mamman

    • By admin
    • May 20, 2026
    • 15 views
    How EFCC hunted down ex-power minister Mamman