Israel Resumes Water Supply To Southern Gaza – Minister

 

Israel resumed the water supply to southern Gaza, Energy Minister Israel Katz said Sunday, as one million people have evacuated the north of the Strip to escape a massive air assault.

“This will push the civilian population to the southern (part of the) Strip,” Katz said in a statement, a week after Israel had stopped supplying water to the entire territory as part of a “complete siege” on the Palestinian enclave.

He said the decision to resume the supply was taken after talks between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and US President Joe Biden.

US National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan earlier said that Israel told him it had turned the water supply back on in southern Gaza.

“I have been in touch with my Israeli counterparts just within the last hour who reported to me that they have, in fact, turned the water pipe back on in southern Gaza,” Sullivan told CNN.

The municipality of Beni Suheila in southern Gaza later confirmed that the water supply had been resumed to the village.

Israel embarked on a withering air campaign against Hamas militants in Gaza after they carried out a brutal attack on Israel on October 7 that left more than 1,400 people killed in Israel.

The widespread air assault has killed at least 2,450 people in the Palestinian territory.

ADVERTISEMENT

An estimated one million people have been displaced in the first seven days of the conflict in Gaza, the United Nations agency supporting Palestinian refugees said Sunday.

“The number is likely to be higher as people continue to leave their homes,” UNRWA director of communications Juliette Touma told AFP.

AFP

  • Related Posts

    Putin: Russia-Ukraine war coming to an end

      Russian President Vladimir Putin says he believes the war with Ukraine is “heading to an end”. According to AFP, Putin spoke on Saturday while answering questions from journalists after…

    US, Iran fail to reach peace agreement after 21-hour talks in Pakistan

      The United States and Iran have failed to reach an agreement after 21 hours of high-stakes discussions in Islamabad, Pakistan’s capital. JD Vance, US vice-president, said Tehran refused to…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 10 views
    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    Five die in Abuja building collapse

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    Five die in Abuja building collapse

    17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 12 views
    17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

    DHQ Releases Details About Slain ISIS Top Leader Al-Minuki

    • By admin
    • May 16, 2026
    • 13 views
    DHQ Releases Details About Slain ISIS Top Leader Al-Minuki

    Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

    • By admin
    • May 16, 2026
    • 11 views
    Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

    Nigerians among West Africans to be deported from US to Sierra Leone

    • By admin
    • May 16, 2026
    • 21 views
    Nigerians among West Africans to be deported from US to Sierra Leone