Israel’s plan to protect Christians in Nigeria centres on intelligence sharing, says envoy

 

Michael Freeman, Israeli ambassador to Nigeria, has clarified that Israel’s proposed agenda to protect Christian communities in Nigeria will centre on an intelligence sharing agreement between both countries.

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke about the intervention during a meeting with evangelical community leaders in Florida last week.

He named Nigeria among countries where Christians are “persecuted” and touted Israel as the only nation in the word capable of protecting Christians.

Netanyahu’s announcement elicited reactions from Nigerians, many of whom were still grappling with the shock of the surprise air strikes in the country by the United States on Christmas Day.

In an interview with Arise TV on Monday, Freeman noted that Israel’s intervention would fully respect Nigeria’s sovereignty.

“This is about working with Nigeria. This is not about working against Nigeria. It’s working with them as a partner, as an ally and seeing what we can do,” the ambassador said.

“He (Netanyahu) emphasised the issue of intelligence sharing and working in that area, and certainly I think that’s the area that we will be looking at to work with the Nigerian government; to see where we can work together to stop the attacks that are taking place against Christians, but also against Muslims and against all Nigerians.

“Our interest is to work with Nigeria to stop all the violence in this country.”

Freeman said Netanyahu’s remarks were not limited to Nigeria, but extended to countries around the world where Christians face persecution.

Related Posts

US deploys drones, 200 troops to Nigeria for intelligence support — Report

  The United States has deployed multiple MQ-9 drones alongside around 200 troops to Nigeria to provide intelligence and training support to the Nigerian military in its ongoing fight against…

RULAAC Condemns Online Death Threat Against Peter Obi

  The Rule of Law and Accountability Advocacy Centre (RULAAC) has condemned what it described as a disturbing threat posted on X (formerly Twitter) against former presidential candidate Peter Obi,…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 6 views
ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 9 views
Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 15 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 7 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians