Kaduna community denies reported rescue of 31 abducted worshippers

 

A community group in Kaduna State has refuted claims that 31 worshippers abducted during an Easter service in Ariko community, Kachia Local Government Area, have been rescued by the Nigerian Army, describing the reports as false and misleading.

The denial comes amid earlier reports alleging that troops successfully freed victims kidnapped during coordinated attacks on two churches in the community on Easter Sunday.

Recall that suspected bandits stormed Ariko in the early hours of Easter, attacking Christian worship centres, killing several persons and abducting scores into the bush, an incident that heightened concerns over insecurity in Southern Kaduna.

However, in a statement dated April 6, 2026, President of the Kuturmi Unity Development Association, J.D. Ariko, insisted that none of the abducted victims has been rescued.

“Our attention has been drawn to reports alleging that the Nigerian Army has successfully rescued 31 persons abducted during the Easter service in Ariko. We wish to categorically state that this claim is entirely false and misleading,” the statement read.

He disclosed that families of the victims are still in communication with the abductors, who have reportedly confirmed that the victims remain alive in captivity.

“This clearly invalidates any claim of a successful rescue operation,” he added.

The community leader expressed concern over the spread of what he described as inaccurate information, warning that such reports could create confusion, raise false hope among grieving families, and undermine public trust in official communication.

While acknowledging ongoing efforts by security agencies, he urged authorities to ensure that only verified information is released, especially on sensitive matters involving human lives.

“The safe return of the abducted persons remains our utmost priority. We call on all stakeholders to intensify genuine and coordinated efforts toward securing their immediate and unconditional release,” the statement added.

The association also reaffirmed its solidarity with affected families and assured that updates would be provided as credible information emerges

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 13 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda