Lifeless body found inside car at N’Assembly complex

 

The Federal Capital Territory Police Command said it has begun investigations, following the discovery of a lifeless body inside a vehicle at the National Assembly Complex in Abuja.

Some reports (not by the PUNCH) had stated that the body was that of a 55-year-old man, identified as Gaddafi Iwar, who was a construction worker, working on one of the sites within the complex. According to the reports, the vehicle had been parked in the same spot for days before the discovery of the decomposed body.

Only recently, the Police said it had launched an investigation into the suspected suicide of a 30-year-old man identified as Ik Ojo, in the Kagini–Dei-Dei area of Abuja.

The probe follows the discovery of Ojo’s today, as seen in a viral video on Saturday, with friends and neighbors stating suspicions of foul play in the situation.

In a statement signed by the Police Public Relations Officer of the Command, SP Josephine Adeh, on Monday, the security agency said the corpse was believed to be that of a labourer found around 9 am on Sunday, September 7th, inside a red Peugeot 406, parked at a construction site within the complex.

Adeh said Officers from the National Assembly Division responded to the distress call and evacuated the body to Asokoro General Hospital, where medical staff confirmed the body was already in advanced state of decomposition.

“On September 7, 2025, at about 09:00 hours, the FCT Police Command received a distress call reporting the discovery of an unidentified male, suspected to be a labourer, found lifeless at a construction site within the National Assembly Complex.

“The Divisional Police Officer (DPO), National Assembly Division, immediately responded to the call and, upon arrival, discovered the deceased inside a red Peugeot 406 motor vehicle with registration number BWR-577 BF. The body was promptly evacuated to Asokoro General Hospital, where medical personnel confirmed that it was already in an advanced state of decomposition,” the statement partly read.

The Police Spokesperson stated that the FCT Commissioner of Police, CP Ajao Adewale, had ordered a discreet probe to determine the circumstances of the incident, and that efforts be intensified to establish the identity of the deceased.

“The Commissioner of Police, FCT Command, has ordered a discreet investigation into the circumstances surrounding the incident, and directed that efforts be intensified to establish the identity of the deceased. Further updates will be communicated as the investigation progresses,” she s

  • Related Posts

    ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

      The Community Court of Justice, ECOWAS has ordered the Federal Republic of Nigeria to urgently decongest its correctional facilities and end the prolonged detention of awaiting-trial inmates. The Court…

    Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

      US President Donald Trump said he was postponing a planned attack on Iran scheduled for Tuesday at the request of Gulf leaders amid “serious negotiations” with Tehran. Trump’s sudden…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    ECOWAS court orders FG to decongest prisons in six months

    Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Why I’m delaying attack on Iran – Trump

    Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 7 views
    Uzodimma Secures Imo West Senatorial APC Ticket

    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 13 views
    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 5 views
    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians