Military kills another Boko Haram Commander, 10 others in Sambisa

 

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have neutralised a senior Boko Haram commander, identified as Abu Khalid, also known as the group’s second-in-command, alongside 10 other fighters during an operation in Sambisa Forest, Borno State.

The terrorists were neutralised in the Komala general area of Konduga Local Government Area during a night operation carried out by the troops at about 11pm on Saturday.

 

CrimeFacts News Monday Cover Page
2 February 2025

In a statement on Sunday, the Media Information Officer of the Joint Task Force, North-East Operation Hadin Kai, Lt. Col. Sanni Uba, said the operation also led to the recovery of several weapons and logistics.

He said: “Troops of the Joint Task Force (North-East), Operation Hadin Kai, have recorded another significant operational success with the neutralisation of a top Boko Haram/ISWAP leader, Abu Khalid, identified as the second-in-command of Boko Haram in the Sambisa Forest, alongside 10 other terrorists during a night operation in Borno State.”

 

Uba noted that the operation occurred barely 24 hours after troops eliminated another notorious Boko Haram/ISWAP commander, Julaibib, who was operating within the Gujba axis of the Timbuktu Triangle.

He said, “Troops of Sector 1, in conjunction with members of the Civilian Joint Task Force under Operation Desert Sanity, made contact with the terrorists in the Komala general area of Konduga Local Government Area during night offensives at about 11pm. Abu Khalid was a key figure within the terrorist hierarchy, coordinating operations and logistics in the Sambisa axis.”

He added that following the engagement, troops recovered five AK-47 rifles, magazines, several bicycles, assorted logistics and food items, as well as a large quantity of medical supplies.

Uba said no casualty was recorded among the troops during the operation.

He added: “Troops’ morale remains high as clearance operations continue across the Sambisa Forest, Mandara Mountains, Timbuktu Triangle and other known Boko Haram and ISWAP hideouts in the North-East region.”

The Joint Task Force, he said, reaffirmed its commitment to sustaining the tempo of operations until all terrorist elements are neutralised and lasting peace and economic stability are restored to the region.

He further disclosed that the military high command commended the troops for their sacrifices and dedication in the fight against terrorism and other criminal activities in the North-East, urging them to sustain the operational momentum

Related Posts

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  The Nigeria Police Force has confirmed the death of 17 police officers following a terrorist attack on the Nigerian Army Special Forces School in Buni Yadi, Gujba Local Government…

Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

  The Presidency has dismissed claims that Abu-Bilal Al-Manuki, the senior Islamic State West Africa Province commander eliminated in a joint Nigeria-United States military operation, had been killed in a…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

DHQ Releases Details About Slain ISIS Top Leader Al-Minuki

  • By admin
  • May 16, 2026
  • 13 views
DHQ Releases Details About Slain ISIS Top Leader Al-Minuki

Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

  • By admin
  • May 16, 2026
  • 11 views
Presidency confirms Al-Manuki killing, says 2024 report was mistaken identity

Nigerians among West Africans to be deported from US to Sierra Leone

  • By admin
  • May 16, 2026
  • 20 views
Nigerians among West Africans to be deported from US to Sierra Leone