Nine Killed, 11 Missing After Iran Missile Attack On Israel

 

An Iranian missile attack on Sunday in the central Israeli city of Beit Shemesh killed at least nine people and left 11 missing, police said, in the deadliest strike in the country since the war began.

“So far, more than 45 injured people in varying degrees of severity have been evacuated, and the bodies of nine fatalities have been recovered,” police said in a statement.

“At this time, there are 11 missing persons with whom contact has not yet been established,” the statement said, adding that search operations were ongoing.

Israel’s Magen David Adom (MDA) emergency services also said EMTs and paramedics had pronounced nine people dead.

Dozens of Israeli rescue personnel were deployed to the site of the impact, and an AFP photographer saw teams removing a body from the rubble of the building that bore the brunt of the missile strike.

“They are bringing all kinds of equipment to try to locate people,” said another AFP photographer at the scene of the attack.

“Apparently, there are still people underneath,” he added, as rescue teams continued their search.

The US and Israel launched a wave of strikes against Iran on Saturday, killing supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and sparking a rapid retaliation from Tehran which continued into Sunday.

During the previous 12-day war between Israel and Iran last June, nine people were killed in an Iranian missile strike in the city of Bat Yam, close to Tel Aviv.

Photographs from Beit Shemesh on Sunday showed a house destroyed by the blast, its roof reduced to mangled concrete and twisted iron bars.

“When I arrived, I saw a terrible scene,” Yehuda Shlomo, an MDA paramedic, said in a statement.

“I saw heavy structural damage, smoke in the air, and a great deal of chaos, with dozens of frightened casualties emerging from damaged buildings.”

AFP

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 13 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda