Security officials bar bailiff from serving Buhari’s daughter at the Presidential Villa

Aso Rock, Presidential Villa officials on Friday barred a bailiff from the Federal High Court from serving Hanan Buhari with court processes, The PUNCH has reports.

Hanan, who is daughter of President Muhammadu Buhari, has been sued alongside the Department of State Services and MTN for N500m by a trader, Anthony Okolie, who was detained for 10 weeks for allegedly using a SIM card previously owned by Hanan. Okolie’s lawyer, Tope Akinyode, said when the court bailiff attempted to serve Hanan with the court processes, he was informed at the Villa that Hanan was a private citizen and could not be served there.

Akinyode, who is also the National President of Revolutionary Lawyer’s Forum, told Saturday PUNCH, “Aso Villa officials refused to receive court processes on behalf of Hanan Buhari from the Federal High Court bailiff today.

 “They told the court bailiff that they were working for the President and not his daughter. “We are not surprised by this loser antics, but it is an inglorious display of inconsistency that the same Hanan Buhari who misuses presidential privileges to fly in a presidential jet now finds it hard to accept court processes at the Villa. We shall apply to court for substituted service.”

 The case, which is before Justice Nnamdi Dimgba of a Federal High Court, Asaba, comes up on February 12. The suit is seeking an order to “compel the respondents jointly or severally to pay the applicant the sum of N500,000,000 only as general and aggravated damages for the gross and unlawful violation of the applicant’s right to acquire moveable properties, freedom of movement and self-dignity.” The 33-year-old man said in a supporting affidavit that he was arrested on July 19, 2019 in Asaba, Delta State, for using a telephone line that was previously owned by Hanan. According to him, he was handcuffed in custody till September 22, 2019 as the DSS waited for Hanan, who was schooling in the United Kingdom, to come and clear him but she never did. Okolie also attached the receipt he was issued after purchasing the SIM card as well as the SIM certificate.

The applicant stated that he explained to the DSS how he bought the SIM card but he was informed that that the phone line which is linked to the SIM card was once used by Hanan. “They thereafter labelled me a criminal for using a phone line that previously belonged to the 2nd respondent,” he said. Okolie alleged that because of the personality involved, his case file was tagged, ‘first family’ and he was denied access to his lawyers. The trader claimed that his mother, who was not allowed to see him, developed high blood pressure while he lost a N5m business deal.

However, the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu, told Saturday PUNCH that Hanan’s lawyer would be available to receive the court processes. He said, “You can tell the lawyer of the applicant or the bailiff to call Hanan’s lawyer or send the lawyer’s number to me. We will get the documents across to her.”

  • Related Posts

    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

      Suspected bandits have attacked Kakafu community, a remote settlement in the Patigi Local Government Area of Kwara State, kidnapping four persons. The attackers kidnapped four residents, including one man,…

    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

      Omoyele Sowore, a human rights activist and former presidential candidate, says he was detained five times in 2025, but he did not allow the experience to discourage him. He…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 1 views
    Over 50,000 Nigerian Doctors Practise Abroad – NMA

    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    US sanctions 8 Nigerians over links to B’Haram, cybercrime

    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 2 views
    Bandits kidnap Four In Fresh Attack On Kwara Community

    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 3 views
    I Will Contest 2027 Presidential Election, Peter Obi Assures Supporters

    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Sowore: I was arrested, detained five times in 2025, yet I’m not broken

    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review

    • By admin
    • February 16, 2026
    • 4 views
    Miyetti Allah denies criminal links, seeks US bill review