Tinubu praises senate for prompt confirmation of Christopher Musa

 

President Bola Tinubu has commended the senate for quickly confirming Christopher Musa, the immediate past chief of defence staff, as the new defence minister.

Musa’s nomination was approved on Wednesday after senators scrutinised his military background and responses to questions on key issues regarding security.

In a post on X, Tinubu praised the senate for its “expedited confirmation”, adding that Musa’s appointment comes at a “critical juncture” in the lives of Nigerians.

“Two days ago, I transmitted the name of General Christopher G. Musa, our immediate past Chief of Defence Staff and a fine gentleman, to the Nigerian Senate for confirmation as the Federal Minister of Defence,” he wrote.

“I want to commend the Nigerian Senate for its expedited confirmation of General Musa yesterday. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.”

At his screening, Musa had assured lawmakers of his commitment to serve Nigeria diligently if confirmed.

“I believe that the challenges we are facing is a Nigerian challenge, not only for the armed forces or security forces, but for everyone working together,” he said.

“I want to assure you, we will win working together as a team. Even when I was CDS, I tried to harmonise all the teams and service chiefs.

“There are a lot of gaps and constitutional lacuna that are affecting operations. We will follow up to make sure everyone is on board.”

He called for the end of ransom payments to kidnappers, bandits and terrorists in Nigeria.

“There should be no negotiation with criminals. If you negotiate with them, they will never abide by it. They use the money to buy more arms,” he said.

The former defence chief noted that subsequent recruitment into the armed forces will be thorough.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 12 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 14 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe