Transformer Explosion Kill Seven

 

The ever-busy Kabong area of Gada Biyu community of Jos North local government area of Plateau State woke up to a devastating disaster in the early hours of Saturday following an explosion which occurred around 2am claiming the lives of about seven persons while several others sustained injuries.

Our Correspondent reports that the explosion, which occurred from a power transformer, triggered a huge fire outbreak that ravaged the vicinity and caused widespread panic and fear among the residents in the area.

According to an eyewitness, who did not want his name in print, he said death toll from the incident has reached seven, and numerous homes and shops lie in ruins, with destroyed property estimated to be in millions of Naira.

“Tragically, two of the deceased individuals were from the same family, compounding the grief for their loved ones,” he added.

Meanwhile, the Jos Electricity Distribution Plc has reacted to the disaster, saying it was saddened by the unfortunate incident which occured in the early hours of Saturday affecting customers on its Kabong Primary Distribution Transformer in the Kabong area of Rukuba Road in Jos, the Plateau State capital.

A statement issued in Jos by the company’s head of corporate communications, Dr. Friday Adakole Elijah, said preliminary investigation revealed that the accident was as a result of a high-tension line snap into the low-tension lines, which resulted in a voltage supply outside limit.

According to the statement, an evaluation of the root cause was underway, and appropriate measures will be put in place to avert future occurrence while expressing the power company’s deepest sympathy to families who have encountered losses as a result of the incident.

  • Related Posts

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

      Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

      The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 10 views
    Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    • By admin
    • May 18, 2026
    • 4 views
    SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

    • By admin
    • May 17, 2026
    • 10 views
    WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda