Trump: Ceasefire deal with Iran largely agreed — Strait of Hormuz will reopen soon

 

President Donald Trump says the United States has reached an advanced stage of negotiations with Iran to reopen the Strait of Hormuz.

Control of the strategic waterway has been contested since the war involving Iran, the United States and Israel broke out in February, with diplomatic efforts stalled for months.

Trump had earlier warned that the strait would remain “sealed up tight” until Iran agreed to a deal with the United States.

The blockade of the channel has disrupted global oil supply chains, sending crude prices soaring and forcing several countries to adopt strict energy conservation measures.

On April 27, Iran proposed a new agreement to Washington, offering to reopen the vital shipping waterway and end the war if the United States lifted its blockade on the passage.

The deal, passed to the Americans by Pakistan, also postpones nuclear negotiations for a later stage.

However, it was uncertain at the time if Trump would accept the offer, as curbing Iran’s uranium enrichment is one of the US leader’s war goals.

In a statement on Sunday, Trump said an agreement has now been “largely negotiated” between the United States, Iran and several Middle Eastern allies, with final details under discussion.

“I am in the Oval Office at the White House where we just had a very good call with leaders of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Pakistan, Türkiye, Egypt, Jordan and Bahrain concerning the Islamic Republic of Iran, and all things related to a Memorandum of Understanding pertaining to PEACE,” Trump wrote on his Truth Social page.

“An Agreement has been largely negotiated, subject to finalization between the United States of America, the Islamic Republic of Iran, and the various other Countries.”

The US president added that he separately spoke with Benjamin Netanyahu, Israeli prime minister, noting that the conversation “likewise, went very well”.

“Final aspects and details of the Deal are currently being discussed, and will be announced shortly,” Trump said.

“In addition to many other elements of the Agreement, the Strait of Hormuz will be opened.”

Related Posts

Gunman killed by US Secret Service after opening fire near White House

  A gunman opened fire near the White House on Saturday evening, with US Secret Service agents killing the assailant in a shoot-out during which a bystander was also struck,…

Iran chief negotiator vows ‘crushing’ response if US resumes attacks

  Iran’s chief negotiator on Saturday warned of a “crushing” response if US President Donald Trump resumed attacks on the country, saying Tehran had rebuilt its armed forces during the…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Trump: Ceasefire deal with Iran largely agreed — Strait of Hormuz will reopen soon

  • By admin
  • May 24, 2026
  • 2 views
Trump: Ceasefire deal with Iran largely agreed — Strait of Hormuz will reopen soon

Gunman killed by US Secret Service after opening fire near White House

  • By admin
  • May 24, 2026
  • 1 views
Gunman killed by US Secret Service after opening fire near White House

How we raped female nursing student before beheading her in Imo

  • By admin
  • May 24, 2026
  • 2 views
How we raped female nursing student before beheading her in Imo

Six Nigerians arrested in Thailand over romance scam network

  • By admin
  • May 23, 2026
  • 2 views
Six Nigerians arrested in Thailand over romance scam network

Iran chief negotiator vows ‘crushing’ response if US resumes attacks

  • By admin
  • May 23, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran chief negotiator vows ‘crushing’ response if US resumes attacks

Senegal’s president removes Sonko as PM, dissolves cabinet

  • By admin
  • May 23, 2026
  • 4 views
Senegal’s president removes Sonko as PM, dissolves cabinet