Trump not satisfied with Iran’s new peace proposal – Report

 

US President Donald Trump is not satisfied with Iran’s latest peace proposal, which seeks to reopen the Strait of Hormuz and end the U.S. naval blockade of Iran’s ports, US media reported, citing several White House officials.

The president discussed Iran’s proposal with his top national security officials at a meeting in the White House Situation Room, said the reports.

Secretary of State Marco Rubio, who is among those who attended the meeting, said Trump was not likely to accept Iran’s proposal, which implies leaving its nuclear program for later negotiations.

The proposal was delivered to the United States a few days ago.

He said accepting the proposal could appear to deny Trump a victory since the president has repeatedly insisted that Iran cannot have nuclear weapons.

According to him, Iran’s new proposal is better than what we thought they were going to submit.

He stressed any deal must bar Tehran from developing a nuclear weapon.

Trump insisted earlier that any peace deal with Iran would be made on U.S. terms and his timeline.

The president claims there is “no time frame” for ending the U.S.-Israeli war with Iran and “no time pressure” on either the extended ceasefire or stalled talks.

(Xinhua/NAN)

Related Posts

Togo grants 30-day visa-free access to all African citizens

  Africans with a valid passport can now travel to Togo without visas after the West African nation announced a new open-border policy for the continent. The visa-free access would…

Nigerian athlete shot dead days before MBA graduation in US

    The Nigerian sporting community is mourning the death of Oluwabukola Pereira, who was shot dead in the United States, US just days before she was due to graduate…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 8 views
EFCC arrests convicted ex-power minister Mamman

Togo grants 30-day visa-free access to all African citizens

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 9 views
Togo grants 30-day visa-free access to all African citizens

NYSC Corps member stabs father three times to death in Abuja

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 10 views
NYSC Corps member stabs father three times to death in Abuja

Nigerian athlete shot dead days before MBA graduation in US

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 16 views
Nigerian athlete shot dead days before MBA graduation in US

Estimated DR Congo Ebola Death Toll Jumps To 131

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 13 views
Estimated DR Congo Ebola Death Toll Jumps To 131

US moves to revoke citizenship of Nigerian convicted in $11.6m fraud case

  • By admin
  • May 19, 2026
  • 14 views
US moves to revoke citizenship of Nigerian convicted in $11.6m fraud case