Trump renews Strait of Hormuz threats, gives Iran 48 hours before ‘all hell reigns down’

 

US President Donald Trump has warned Iran to open the Strait of Hormuz or risk “hell reigning down” on the Arabian nation.

Trump’s comments, contained in a Truth Social post on Saturday, are a resumption of his threats to Iran last month over the closure of the waterway.

“Remember when I gave Iran ten days to MAKE A DEAL or OPEN UP THE HORMUZ STRAIT. Time is running out – 48 hours before all Hell will reign down on them. Glory be to GOD!” the US president wrote.

Earlier in March, Tehran said the strait, one of the world’s busiest oil shipping channels, would be opened to all except the US and its allies.

On March 22, Trump said he would “hit and obliterate” Iranian power plants – “starting with the biggest one first” – if the strait was not fully reopened within 48 hours.

In response, Iran warned it would completely close the Strait of Hormuz if Trump carried out his threats.

Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) also said ⁠companies with ⁠US shares would be “completely destroyed”, along with the “power plants of regional countries hosting US bases” if Iranian energy facilities were targeted.

Advertisement
A day after Iran’s position, Trump said the US would postpone the strikes for a five-day period.

The US president’s fresh threats come days after he said the Strait of Hormuz would open “naturally” after the conflict ends.

Earlier, Iran said it would grant permission for vessels carrying “essential goods” to pass through the choked strait.

However, it is unclear which items Iran defines as “essential” or if it will maintain its blockade on vessels from what it deems hostile nations.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 13 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda