Two workers nabbed for killng farm manager in Delta

 

The Delta State Police Command has arrested two farm workers, David Tacho and Daniel Orshio, for allegedly conspiring to kill their site manager, Chigozie Udalor.

Two other suspects, Pius Daniel and Victor Tacho, are currently on the run.

Spokesperson for the command, SP Bright Edafe, confirmed the arrests in a statement on Thursday, noting that the crime was uncovered following a report made to the Akwukwu-Igbo Police Division by Hyacinth Nnalue, a cousin to the deceased.

According to Edafe, Nnalue reported on December 12, 2024, that his cousin, Udalor, who managed a fish pond at Bod Camp in Akwukwu-Igbo, had gone missing since December 10.

 

Acting on the report, the Divisional Police Officer launched an investigation before transferring the case to the State Criminal Investigation Department.

 

“In line with the directive of the Commissioner of Police, CP Olufemi Abaniwonda, a technically driven investigation was initiated,” Edafe stated.

“On March 31, 2025, operatives arrested David Tacho while attempting to withdraw money from the victim’s account using his phone. His accomplice, Daniel Orshio, was also apprehended.”

Investigations revealed that David Tacho’s brother, Victor Tacho, and another suspect, Pius Daniel—both still at large—worked with Daniel Orshio to murder the victim.

“The suspects were all employed by the deceased. However, after discovering he had money in his Moniepoint account, they conspired, struck him on the head with a hammer, tied him up, and buried him in a shallow grave at the site,” Edafe disclosed.

Following the arrests, the police exhumed the victim’s body for an autopsy, while efforts are ongoing to apprehend the fleeing suspects.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 3 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

Five die in Abuja building collapse

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 12 views
Five die in Abuja building collapse

17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 14 views
17 policemen confirmed killed in Yobe