ALERT: NDLEA not recruiting – Spokesperson

The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has alerted the public on the activities of scammers taking advantage of the employment screening exercise conducted by the agency.

Mr Femi Babafemi, Director, Media and Advocacy of the agency in a statement on Tuesday in Abuja said that fraudster are demanding for payment from the shortlisted candidates.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN), reports that NDLEA had conducted screening for shortlisted candidates of narcotic officers and narcotic assistants.

The agency had on May 12 and June 5, notified the public and job seekers to be wary of messages from persons claiming to be acting on behalf of NDLEA and demanding payments for employment.

Babafemi said that the the NDLEA is investigating three telephone numbers and bank account details linked to members of the job scam syndicate.

Babafemi said that the intelligence gathered by the agency showed that some criminal elements at the receiving end of the ongoing offensive action by the NDLEA were in the process of using the activities of the job scam syndicate.

The NDLEA spokesman said that the activities of the fraudster is as an instrument of blackmail against the agency and or its officials using pliable online platforms.

“For the umpteenth time, we will like to reiterate that the agency is not recruiting into any cadre of its workforce.

“We have just recently concluded the screening exercise for those whose employment process started in 2019.

“Any pretence by professional scammers to extort money from anyone, especially those who recently participated in the screening exercise, should be ignored and their details reported through our social media handles direct messages.

“Going by the level of investigations into the activities of these scammers so far, the public can be rest assured that we shall soon bring the criminal elements behind the scam to the open, ” he said. (NAN)

  • Related Posts

    Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

      A Catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Valentine Chimaobi Nwajiagu, was allegedly attacked on Sunday by a member of the Knights of St. John International, Sir Iyke Nwatakwocha, at St. Anthony…

    Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

      The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 19-year-old woman, Khadija Ibrahim, for allegedly stealing a newborn baby in Zuru Local Government Area of the state and presenting the…

    Leave a Reply

    Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

    You Missed

    Idiaye Emerges Edo Assembly Speaker As Agbebaku Resigns

    • By admin
    • August 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    Idiaye Emerges Edo Assembly Speaker As Agbebaku Resigns

    Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

    • By admin
    • August 17, 2026
    • 4 views
    Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

    Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

    • By admin
    • August 17, 2026
    • 7 views
    Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

    Frozen Account: I’ve Instructed My Attorney General To Drop Suit Against EFCC — Adeleke

    • By admin
    • August 17, 2026
    • 7 views
    Frozen Account: I’ve Instructed My Attorney General To Drop Suit Against EFCC — Adeleke

    Gunmen kill residents in attack on Benue communities

    • By admin
    • August 17, 2026
    • 11 views
    Gunmen kill residents in attack on Benue communities

    INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll

    • By admin
    • August 16, 2026
    • 8 views
    INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll