Gunmen abduct one in Anambra as group threatens protest

A kidnapping syndicate operating with a Sienna vehicle has abducted a man at Fegge in the Onitsha North Local Government Area of Anambra state.

It was gathered that the incident took place at Porthacourt Road near Uga Street in Fegge.

An eyewitness account said the incident took place at about about4.30 pm last Thursday at 37 Porthacourt Road, Fegge, Onitsha, opposite one Hanza Suleman’s provision store near United Bank for Africa (UBA).

The man was said to have been blocked with the kidnappers’ Sienna, even as he frantically shouted for help.

Despite the call for help, the armed men were said to have alighted from their Sienna bus already packed with people unaware that they were kidnappers.

The source, who asked not to be mentioned, said that about five of the kidnappers came out of the vehicle and blocked the man, armed with their AK-47 rifles, and brought their handcuffs, pretending to be security officers.

The man tried to resist his abductors, but they pushed him into their awaiting vehicle and zoomed off.

The police command in the state is yet to react to this incident as of the time this report is filed.

Group react

The Onitsha South Landlords Association Forum (OSLAF) frowned at this ugly development, lamenting that after their recent alarm, the Police in Onitsha have not done anything serious except mounting road blocks where they allegedly extort money from tricycle riders.

The group said the Police need intelligence-driven operations and roadblocks.

The group said the commissioner of police in the state should embark on an immediate overhaul of the security architecture in Onitsha and environs to arrest this ugly security situation.

OSLAF alleged that in the last month, over five persons have been kidnapped aa nd a heavy ransom paid before they were released.

“Their cars are yet to be recovered. What kind of Policing are we talking about here? We should engage Police driven by intelligence not road blocks,” the group said.

OSLAF called for a state of emergency to be declared on security in Onitsha, lamenting that security has collapsed completely in the Fegge part of the commercial town..

The group threatened to embark on a protest if the criminals were not arrested and another citizen en kidnapped again

Related Posts

Kidnappers free Anambra businessman, reverend sister

  A businessman and Chairman of Jezco Group, Chief Joseph Ezeokafor, who was kidnapped alongside a reverend sister by yet-to-be-identified gunmen at Ifite-Awka, Awka South LGA of Anambra State, have…

Lakurawa terrorists kill four soldiers in Sokoto

  No fewer than four soldiers were reportedly feared killed when suspected Lakurawa terrorists invaded Kebbe town in Kebbe Local Government Area of Sokoto State on Friday. Saturday PUNCH gathered…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll

  • By admin
  • August 16, 2026
  • 3 views
INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll

At least 38 dead as 7.7-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia

  • By admin
  • August 15, 2026
  • 6 views
At least 38 dead as 7.7-magnitude earthquake hits Indonesia

Police arrest Accord lawmaker for ‘importing 300 persons’ to vote in Osun guber poll

  • By admin
  • August 15, 2026
  • 6 views
Police arrest Accord lawmaker for ‘importing 300 persons’ to vote in Osun guber poll

Ghana Police kill two, arrest Nigerian over alleged bank robbery attempt

  • By admin
  • August 15, 2026
  • 7 views
Ghana Police kill two, arrest Nigerian over alleged bank robbery attempt

Strait of Hormuz will become US territory after Iran war, says Trump

  • By admin
  • August 15, 2026
  • 11 views
Strait of Hormuz will become US territory after Iran war, says Trump

Kidnappers free Anambra businessman, reverend sister

  • By admin
  • August 15, 2026
  • 15 views
Kidnappers free Anambra businessman, reverend sister