Nigerian man sentenced to death in Malaysia for murder of step-grandson

 

The Kuala Lumpur High Court in the Malaysian capital on Thursday sentenced a Nigerian national to death by hanging after finding him guilty of murdering his step-grandson by throwing the four-year-old child from the third floor of an apartment in the city six years ago.

According to Malaysian news outlet Berita Harian, Justice K. Muniandy handed down the sentence to Ibekwe Emeka Augustine, 48, after evaluating the totality of evidence presented before the court.

Augustine was charged with causing the death of his step-grandson at an apartment in Setapak between 7.45 am and 8.15 am on November 29, 2020. The charge was brought under Section 302 of the Penal Code, which carries a mandatory death sentence or a prison term of between 30 and 40 years with not fewer than 12 strokes of the cane.

In the same trial, Augustine was also sentenced to five years’ imprisonment, to run concurrently, after being convicted on four other charges. These included attempting to murder his biological son, causing grievous hurt to his wife, attempting suicide, and sexually assaulting his stepdaughter at the same location, date and time.

The charge of attempting to murder his seven-year-old biological son was framed under Section 307 of the Penal Code, which provides for a maximum of 10 years’ imprisonment and a fine.
For intentionally causing grievous hurt to his wife, who was 48 at the time, Augustine was charged under Section 325 read together with Section 326A of the Penal Code, an offence punishable with up to seven years’ imprisonment and a fine.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 13 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 5 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 11 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda