Police Bust ‘Baby Factory,’ Human Trafficking Syndicate In Ondo

 

The Ondo State Police Command has uncovered a suspected baby factory and human trafficking syndicate operating in Ore, the headquarters of the Odigbo Local Government Area of the state.

This was contained in a statement signed by the Public Relations Officer of the Command, DSP Olushola Ayanlade.

Ayanlade said the case, which originated from the Ore division, had been transferred to the Command’s Gender-Based Violence Unit for thorough investigation.

The discovery followed a report made on October 21, 2025, by a 17-year-old girl, identified as Vivian Peter from Akwa Ibom State, who told the police that she had been trafficked from her home state to Ore under the guise of securing a job opportunity.

Upon arrival in Ore, the teenager was allegedly taken to a facility posing as a clinic, which later turned out to be a baby factory.

There, she reportedly met other pregnant girls being held against their will.

She disclosed that the operator of the facility, Ada Clement, instructed her to be taken to another hospital for a medical scan, but she managed to escape and reported the incident to the Ore Police Division.

Acting swiftly on the report, police operatives from the Ore division, in collaboration with the gender unit, raided the facility, rescuing five pregnant girls and a baby boy.

One of the victims had already given birth and is currently receiving post-natal care at the General Hospital, Ore, while the others are in protective custody.

 

 

Prime Suspect

Preliminary investigations revealed that the prime suspect, Ada Clement, and some of her accomplices had confessed to operating the baby factory.

They reportedly admitted that the babies were sold to individuals seeking children, with male babies going for ₦600,000 and above, and female babies for ₦400,000 and above.

Ayanlade noted that the Commissioner of Police, Adebowale Lawal, ordered a comprehensive and discreet investigation to ensure that all members of the syndicate are arrested and prosecuted.

He noted that detectives from the Command’s Gender-Based Violence Unit were already on the trail of other fleeing members of the ring.

Lawal reaffirmed the Command’s commitment to the directives of the Inspector General of Police, Kayode Adeolu Egbetokun, stressing that the Nigeria Police Force remains steadfast in the fight against human trafficking, child exploitation, and all forms of gender-based violence.

Lawal assured the public that the Command would continue to protect the vulnerable and ensure justice for victims of such heinous crimes.

Related Posts

Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

  A Catholic priest, Rev. Fr. Valentine Chimaobi Nwajiagu, was allegedly attacked on Sunday by a member of the Knights of St. John International, Sir Iyke Nwatakwocha, at St. Anthony…

Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

  The Kebbi State Police Command has arrested a 19-year-old woman, Khadija Ibrahim, for allegedly stealing a newborn baby in Zuru Local Government Area of the state and presenting the…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Idiaye Emerges Edo Assembly Speaker As Agbebaku Resigns

  • By admin
  • August 17, 2026
  • 10 views
Idiaye Emerges Edo Assembly Speaker As Agbebaku Resigns

Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

  • By admin
  • August 17, 2026
  • 2 views
Catholic priest allegedly attacked after Mass in Enugu

Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

  • By admin
  • August 17, 2026
  • 5 views
Woman arrested for stealing newborn in Kebbi

Frozen Account: I’ve Instructed My Attorney General To Drop Suit Against EFCC — Adeleke

  • By admin
  • August 17, 2026
  • 5 views
Frozen Account: I’ve Instructed My Attorney General To Drop Suit Against EFCC — Adeleke

Gunmen kill residents in attack on Benue communities

  • By admin
  • August 17, 2026
  • 9 views
Gunmen kill residents in attack on Benue communities

INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll

  • By admin
  • August 16, 2026
  • 6 views
INEC declares Adeleke winner of Osun gov poll