Trump placed Nigeria on watchlist after watching show on Fox News

 

United States President Donald Trump placed Nigeria on a watchlist after watching a Fox News segment on how Christians were being persecuted in the West African country, CNN reports.

On Friday, Trump redesignated Nigeria as a “country of particular concern” in response to allegations of targeted Christian killings in the country.

“Christianity is facing an existential threat in Nigeria. Thousands of Christians are being killed,” he wrote in a Truth Social post.

He blamed radical Islamists for the “mass slaughter”.

 

“I am hereby making Nigeria a ‘COUNTRY OF PARTICULAR CONCERN’,” he declared.

The report by CNN said Trump was on ‘Air Force One’ on his way to Florida when he watched the story and was immediately triggered by it.

Shortly after the plane touched down in West Palm Beach, the president began posting on Truth Social.

Thereafter, Trump fixated on the plight of Christians in Nigeria throughout the weekend, which led him to ask his secretary of defence to “prepare for possible action”.

The president also warned that US troops will enter Nigeria “guns-a-blazing” to protect the Christian population.

CNN quoted a White House official as saying the president has “been tracking this issue previously and had already begun thinking about Truthing it out”.

The story added that sources familiar with Trump’s thinking on the issue said the president’s threats are meant to “see how Nigeria responds”.

 

Personnel within the US Africa Command (AFRICOM) were reportedly abruptly recalled to headquarters over the weekend following Trump’s social media post on Saturday.

A small group of personnel with AFRICOM, which is based in Germany, were also quickly recalled to discuss potential courses of action.

CNN quoted a source as saying that Trump’s latest sabre-rattling “was indicative of a broader frustration with the way potential policy decisions are relayed over social media, with little planning done ahead of time”.

Nigeria’s federal government has repeatedly rejected US claims of “Christian genocide” in the country

Related Posts

Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Mangu Attack That Killed 25

  The Plateau State Police Command has arrested a suspect in connection with the killing of 25 people and the injury of four others in Tuesday morning’s attack on Bi…

Tinubu redirects EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

  President Bola Tinubu has directed that recovered funds from the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission be diverted to the Nigerian Education Loan Fund to sustain its growing funding obligations.…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Mangu Attack That Killed 25

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 3 views
Police Arrest Suspected Mastermind Of Mangu Attack That Killed 25

Tinubu redirects EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 2 views
Tinubu redirects EFCC-recovered funds, unclaimed dividends to student loan scheme

Gunfire erupts in Osogbo as hoodlums attack Adeleke’s convoy

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 6 views
Gunfire erupts in Osogbo as hoodlums attack Adeleke’s convoy

Police kill two suspected kidnappers, recover arms in Anambra

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 6 views
Police kill two suspected kidnappers, recover arms in Anambra

Many tourists feared dead as helicopter crashes in Kenya

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 5 views
Many tourists feared dead as helicopter crashes in Kenya

Iran’s armed forces warn Gulf countries against assisting US military

  • By admin
  • August 19, 2026
  • 11 views
Iran’s armed forces warn Gulf countries against assisting US military