TESAC Land Dispute: Orlu youth leaders raise alarm over renewed death threats

 

The leadership of the Orlu Youth Development Union (OYDU) has expressed concern over what it describes as “renewed threats” against the life of its President, Odogwu Chijioke, and other executive members. The threats are allegedly linked to an ongoing court dispute over the TESAC premises, with a hearing scheduled to begin today.

In an urgent press release signed by both President Odogwu Chijioke and Secretary Okorie Chigozie Kenneth, the union detailed a campaign of intimidation involving anonymous calls from hidden numbers.

CrimeFacts News Monday Exclusive Cover Page

According to the statement, the unidentified individuals have been “placing anonymous calls to threaten and intimidate members of the youth leadership,” asking “disturbing questions” in an attempt to pressure them.

The youth body has taken a “principled stance” in the TESAC land matter, which it views as a defence of the collective interest of the Orlu people.

The union strongly condemned the threats, labelling them “a direct attack on our collective rights to seek redress.”

“We will not be coerced into accepting that we have become strangers in our own land. That is unacceptable,” the statement read, underscoring the group’s resolve.

The OYDU is now publicly calling on the perpetrators to cease and desist forthwith, warning that such actions are “capable of inciting unnecessary tension within the community.”

The union has also appealed to the wider Orlu community and the general public to be aware of the developments.

Emphasising their commitment to a legal resolution, the statement concluded, “We expect those behind these senseless threats to allow the court to decide the matter before it.”

The Orlu youth leadership affirmed that it remains “united, focused, and undeterred in its pursuit of justice and truth,” despite the mounting pressure.

Related Posts

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  Iran put to death over 2,150 people last year, a “staggering” increase that pushed recorded worldwide executions to their highest level since 1981, Amnesty International said Monday. Amnesty said…

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  The World Health Organisation (WHO) has declared the Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and Uganda a public health emergency of international concern. In a statement…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You Missed

Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 10 views
Nigeria, US forces killled over 20 ISWAP fighters in fresh operation -DHQ

Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Bandits behead abducted Oyo teacher

Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Mali Military Drone Strikes Kill At Least 10 Civilians

Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
Iran Tops List As Global Executions Hit Highest Level Since 1981 — Amnesty International

SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

  • By admin
  • May 18, 2026
  • 4 views
SERAP seeks INEC probe of alleged N800bn political fund

WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda

  • By admin
  • May 17, 2026
  • 10 views
WHO declares global health emergency over Ebola outbreak in Congo, Uganda